Recovery Meditations ~ Positive Thinking ~ One Day at a Time ~ January 21, 2011

~ POSITIVE THINKING ~

~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
Zig Ziglar
:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I came into Twelve Step meetings after

descending into a well of negative

thinking. It was a vicious cycle, one I

wasn't even aware of for the longest

time. My negative thinking fostered many

resentments, hurts and binges. Once I

became aware of this and started to work

on changing my destructive thinking, I

discovered that letting in just one

negative thought opened the door to more

negative thinking.

Then one day in a meeting I heard a

longtimer say that negative thinking

attracted negative (thinking and

actions) and positive thinking attracted

positive (thinking and actions). That

made sense with what I was experiencing.

As I walked out of that meeting, I

determined that I would do everything I

could to keep all my thoughts positive

in order to attract more positives to my

life.

It worked! The more positive I could

keep my thoughts, the better I felt

about everything, and the more good

things happened to me. My general

attitude soared. When a bad thing

happened (and they do happen) I found

good things about it and focused on the

good. Many many times I discovered that

the "bad" thing had actually been a new

good direction in disguise.

Positive attracts positive. Negative

attracts negative. I'd rather attract

positive.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I will remember to turn to the program to help maintain my peace and serenity, especially through the bad times.