Recovery Meditations ~ Freedom ~ One Day at a Time ~ February 11, 2011

~ FREEDOM ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Judy Garland

~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Ever since I could remember, even as far

back as a little child, I always wanted

to be like or act like someone else. I

never allowed myself the freedom to be

me. I was my parents' child, my

husband's wife, and my children's

mother. It wasn't until I came into

program wearing all my identities on my

body (150 pounds worth) that was I able

to see how unhappy I really was.

I began my journey to recovery by slowly

discovering the real me underneath all

that extra weight. Working the Twelve

Steps of recovery helped me to peel away

the layers of fear that kept me stuck.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I am free to be me ~


And I am enough.