Recovery Meditations ~ March ~ One Day At A Time ~ March 4, 2011

~ MARCH ~
:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

March is the month of expectation, The

things we do not know, The 'Persons of

Prognostication' are coming now.

- Emily Dickinson

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I'm not sure whether it's because I'm

embroiled at the moment in working the

Steps I love so much ... or whether the

beginnings of Springtime are beginning

to happen ... but there is a feeling

that I have that "something" is

beginning. The long winters of life have

taken their toll on me and when I

experience this awesome feeling of hope

I am grateful.

If there were doubts of the promises

coming true, March overshadows them. If

the Spring and Summer times of program

loomed large in the distance, they are

no longer. Just the smell of a new

Spring morning is enough to know that

hope for spiritual, emotional and

physical wellness abounds.



ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I must forget the winters of my life and hold on to the promises of March ... and of my Twelve Step program.