Recovery Meditations ~ Seasons of our Soul ~ One Day At A Time ~ March 12, 2011

~ SEASONS OF OUR SOUL ~


:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

"You will be like a tree firmly planted

by streams of water, which yields its

fruit in its season, and its leaf does

not wither and whatever you do

prospers."

..... Psalms 1:3

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

For much of my life I have felt

rootless, insecure, lost, ineffectual,

and scattered by the

seemingly-unforgiving winds of chaos,

confusion, change, and pain in my

life. I certainly do not feel the sense

of strength, stability, and solidity

that I imagine I’d feel as a "firmly

planted tree." Many of my choices and

behaviors add to the storms and

fruitlessness of my life...yet I

consider again the Tree. The Tree bears

its fruit "in its season". The Tree

participates in the work of its Creator

by patiently standing strong through the

winds, snow, and barrenness of

winter...and the Tree knows that winter

is only for a Season. The Tree does not

rail against God, nor demand that it

produce fruit in its season of

barrenness; rather, the Tree patiently

rests and knows that Spring will return,

as it always does and always will.

Working our program calls us to trust

God - to believe that which we might not

yet see, feel, or experience. We can

choose to accept with Serenity the

seasons of our lives.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I will choose to believe that my Higher Power is at work in me through every season of my life. I will remember that He brings the Life of Spring after the "death" of winter. In trusting Him, I

will be stable and fruitful, even when I feel overwhelmed by the winds of life.