Recovery Meditations ~ Love ~ One Day At A Time ~ March 13, 2011

~ LOVE ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you

strength, While loving someone deeply

gives you courage."

- - Lao Tzu

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

As we explore our twelve step program

and peel away the onion that is us, we

find many parts of ourself that we had

never known before. Those parts have

always been there ... we just weren't

aware of the importance of

them. Suddenly, as though it were a

lightbulb flashing, it hits us full in

the face and we find ourself seeing what

our deepest need in life is.

It took practically a lifetime to

realize that my deepest need was to love

and to be loved. How could I have lived

so long and not realized that before? I

am grateful that the twelve step program

gave me the ability to feel love,

perhaps for the very first time. I am

also grateful that this beautiful way of

living also gave me the ability to give

love.


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will keep my heart open for opportunities to love ... and quietly but expectantly to be loved.