Recovery Meditations ~ Positive Thoughts ~ One Day at a Time ~ May 8, 2011

~ POSITIVE THOUGHTS ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

"I’ve always believed that you can think

positive just as well as you can think

negative."

James Arthur Baldwin

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

What did I think about before I was in

recovery? I worried about what others

thought of me. I thought of what and

when I could eat next. I picked apart

the way others' bodies looked, while

being jealous of them. I didn't know

that thinking of negative things brought

my energy level down. I thought

self-discipline meant disciplining

myself -- which meant mentally beating

myself up.

My Higher Power has shown me a way of

thinking that was new to me, but is age

old -- positive thoughts. Thinking

positive brings me to a level of

serenity. When my mind wanders, I can

bring it back. When I find myself

obsessing over something negative, I can

work the first three steps with it. I am

powerless over negativity. I have a HP

who can remove it from me. I choose to

let my HP direct my thoughts. And then

let myself to think of something else.


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I choose to think positively. The result is serenity.