Recovery Meditations ~ Thoughts ~ One Day at a Time ~ May 22, 2011

~ THOUGHTS ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

"The universe is transformation;

our lives are what our thoughts make it."

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

The power of our thoughts is astounding,

and my negative thoughts kept me in

chains for many years. I was constantly

thinking of what was not right, what I

didn't do right, what needs of mine went

unmet. My life was miserable by my own

making. My own thoughts kept me in a

prison of negativity. The only person

who had the key was me. For many years I

stayed locked in, not knowing the key

was in my possession..

When I came to the program I learned

that I had responsibility for my

"side of the street." I finally

came to understand that I was able to

change my thinking, one day at a

time. It was a slow process. It took a

life-time to learn negative thinking

patterns, and it took years to learn

positive thinking patterns. Using the

tools of the program was the key to

re-educating my mind. At meetings I

heard positive statements that others

made about themselves and me. Reading

program literature was always a positive

experience. As I chose nurturing, loving

sponsors, they affirmed me and my baby

steps toward wholeness and healing. All

of these, and other tools, worked slowly

to bring about an awareness that I held

the key to my own prison door and gave

me the courage to take the key and free

myself from negativity..


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will choose positive thoughts and


actions that bring me freedom.