Recovery Meditations ~ Truth ~ One Day at a Time ~ March 29, 2011

~ TRUTH ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear."

Herbert Agar

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I spent thirty-five years of my adult

life running from the truth. It wasn't

until I came to OA and began to work

through the Twelve Steps that I had

enough emotional support to turn and

face the truth. What is my truth? I am a

food addict.

Once I was able to face and accept that

truth, surrender to my Higher Power was

immediate. At long last I was free of

cravings, free of bingeing, and free of

obsessive food thoughts. That freedom

allowed me to work toward the goal of

becoming the person I had always wanted

to be.

The way I see it, I can be an addict in

recovery or I can be an addict in

hell. I choose recovery.


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I will seek the truth in my life by working the program of recovery.