Recovery Meditations ~ Be Still ~ One Day at a Time ~ April 14, 2011

Recovery Meditations para RECOVERYMEDITA.


~ BE STILL ~


:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Be still, and know that I am God.


The Bible, Book of Psalms

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I don't always know what "normal"

is. I'm learning that my disease keeps

me from having a normal relationship

with food, but I also know that there

are times when my feelings and thoughts

are due to normal circumstances. I might

not feel well physically, I could be

fatigued from a demanding task, or I

might simply be having an off day. There

are normal reactions to these situations

and I can feel them. Not everything is

caused by my disease!

However, the way I handle these kinds of

experiences can very much be affected by

my disease. On those bad days, I don't

have to make important decisions and I

don't have to filter experiences through

these thoughts and feelings. I can

postpone things until I'm on a more even

keel and, just for today, take care of

myself and do the next right thing.



ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I am grateful for the ways I am "normal"


and thank God for the knowledge that I


don't have to let my disease make me


think everything about me is "sick." Let


me simply be still on those uneven days


and know that God is God and He is


there.