Recovery Meditations ~ Fearless ~ One Day at a Time ~ April 17, 2011

~ FEARLESS ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

As we felt new power flow in, as we

enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered

we could face life successfully, as we

became conscious of His presence, we

began to lose our fear of today,

tomorrow or the hereafter.

The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I refuse to be frightened to the point

of missing the opportunities my Higher

Power has provided for me. I won't hurt

myself by avoiding being hurt. That's

what I do when I avoid risks because I'm

afraid the outcome will be painful.

When I'm engulfed in fear, I am not

trusting my Higher Power. When I look

back, hasn't He done for me what I

couldn't do for myself? Can I name

those times? Possibly a doomed

relationship I couldn't end and God

ended for me by having the other person

walk away? Maybe a financial crisis

that was suddenly alleviated from an

unexpected source? How about the ability

to detach from a loved one's issues

without feeling responsible for "fixing"

everything or taking their struggles

personally?

Today I will be grateful for even the

painful times because, sometimes, they

are the lesser of two hurts--the easiest

being when God steps in to protect me

and the hardest being when my will

prevents me from letting go of something

that isn't good for me.


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will trust my Higher Power and know


that where I am today is right where I


need to be. I don't have to have all


the answers.