Recovery Meditations ~ Willingness ~ One Day at a Time ~ April 8, 2011

~ WILLINGNESS ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I cannot change what I am unwilling to face.

James Baldwin

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Before I found this program I was locked

in a battle with myself. I knew I was

eating too much, and I couldn't help

myself. I tried to control my eating,

and for a while, I was able to keep the

upper hand. Then something would happen

in my life, and I'd lose that control.

I couldn't face the fact that I was a

compulsive eater. I couldn't bear to

think that I had a disease that kept me

in bondage to food. So during the time I

was in denial about my eating, I

continued sinking deeper into my disease

of compulsion. I sought comfort in food,

and did some serious damage to my body,

to my self- esteem, and to my

relationships.

It was only after I hit bottom that I

realized that I had to face the facts. I

had a disease that had me in a death

grip, and there wasn't one thing I could

do about it. When I found this program,

I found hope. I discovered a Higher

Power who could help me do what I'd

never been able to do before. I slowly

began to see the changes I'd tried all

my life to effect on my own. But it

didn't happen until I became willing to

face the truth, until I became willing

to ask God for help.



ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I am willing to face my disease and let my Higher Power help me overcome it.