Recovery Meditations ~ Worry ~ One Day at a Time ~ May 12, 2011

~ WORRY ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.

It's already tomorrow in Australia.

Charles Schultz

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

Worry...that's a topic I'm really good

at! Since working the Twelve Steps,

however, I am beginning to see some

things about worry that, hopefully, will

soon make it a thing of the past in my

life. After all, why should I worry?

What has worry ever done for me, except

mess up my life?

I am seeing that when I am worrying

about something, I have not turned it

over to my Higher Power, and I am

continuing to act from my own

self-will. Or, I did turn it over to my

Higher Power, but didn't really trust

Him to take care of it, and so I took it

back!

I had a breakthrough, just a couple of

days ago, concerning worry. I was

concerned about a decision my husband

and I had to make and it was so far

beyond my ability to see into the future

that I gave up and prayed for

help. Somehow I let go and let

God. Suddenly a beautiful stillness and

peace came over me. I felt calmer than I

had in years ... very calm and still and

at peace. I felt completely reassured

that God was handling my "decision" and

that God was completely competent to do

so.


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I abandon worry. I let go and let God,


and enjoy the serenity and peace of


trust in God.