Recovery Meditations ~ Experience, Strength and Hope ~ One Day at a Time ~ June 3, 2011

~ EXPERIENCE, STRENGTH AND HOPE ~

~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

"Experience is not what happens to you.

It is what you do with what happens to you."

Aldous Huxley

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

Every day is filled with experiences. I

can choose to let them pass me by, or I

can allow myself to learn lessons from

them. It is easy to let the day pass by

quickly and virtually unlived. If I

refuse to stay in the present moment and

choose rather to be filled with

resentment, stuck in the past, filled

with fear, or stuck in the future, life

truly does pass me by. My experience

truly has no value. But if I choose to

learn lessons, stay in the present

moment, and remain connected to my

Higher Power, my day becomes experience,

strength and hope.

Since coming to the program I have

learned that I can share my experience,

strength and hope in so many ways. A

call to or from an OA friend gives me an

opportunity to give and receive

experience, strength and hope. I hear

experience, strength and hope shared

daily as I attend meetings. People share

not only what has happened to them, but

the great lessons that they have allowed

their Higher Power to teach them. This

is such an honor to be part of, an honor

that I would not want to miss. I give

and receive my experience, strength and

hope on the loops where I share -- and

receive shares -- on a daily basis. I am

blessed to be a part of strong loops

with great recovery and sharing. My

sponsors frequently share their

experience, strength and hope with me. I

am privileged to have two sponsors with

quality recovery who are members of The

Recovery Group. I am so grateful for

their input in my life and

recovery. They have been such an

important part of my life lessons. Every

source of experience, strength and hope

in my life gives me more encouragement

to learn new lessons with every

experience I have every day.



ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I will find every opportunity to share


my experience, strength and hope.