Recovery Meditations ~ Human Emotion ~ One Day at a Time ~ June 6, 2011

~ HUMAN EMOTION ~


:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

"Character cannot be developed in ease

and quiet. Only through experiences of

trial and suffering can the soul be

strengthened, vision cleared, ambition

inspired and success achieved."

Helen Keller

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

While traveling through life, I have

made choices that have injured myself

and others. Others have made choices

that have hurt me. Remembering and

writing about my past has proved to

bring up a plethora of negative

emotions. At this moment I feel pain,

remorse, anger, frustration, and am

overwhelmed.

Every human on earth experiences these

same feelings at one time or

another. This is part of what I am here

for. How could I ever comprehend bliss

without experiencing misery? How could I

enjoy inspiration without suffering

depression? How could I appreciate peace

without encountering turmoil? I am

grateful for the problems life gives me

-- partnered with the emotions they

bring -- because without the bad I could

not understand the good. Everything has

its opposite. Things will always

change. Things will always get better,

just like the sun shines after each

storm. The good news is that even though

I may be experiencing negative feelings,

I am learning empathy and I am gaining

wisdom. And how much more will I value

the rays of sunshine that break through

the gray clouds?


ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will allow myself the honor of feeling


human emotion. I will ask my Higher


Power to give me comfort in my hardships


and to help me remember why I am here. I


will ask my Higher Power to open my


heart to the lessons I am learning. For


today, with hope and faith, I will look


for the sunbeams shining through the


haze.