Recovery Meditations ~ Peace ~ One Day at a Time ~ June 14, 2011

~ PEACE ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

"If you do not find peace in yourself,

you will never find it anywhere else."

Paula A. Bendry

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

No outside reality can bring me

peace. In the past, I tried to find it

in many things, including relationships,

ownership, and my vocation. But none of

these externals brought me real peace. I

had the opportunity of having all of

them stripped away by a crisis in my

life. I had surgery and got an infection

that required a long period of recovery

and resulted in disability. Many of my

relationships ended, my income was

reduced drastically, my capacity for

ownership was decreased greatly, and I

could no longer work. Although it was a

painful lesson, it has been good for my

spiritual condition.

I have been forced to look inside myself

and realize that true peace and joy are

found within. It is not about

externals. Once I realized that, I found

a relationship with my Higher Power that

was deeper and more intimate than

before, and the peace in my life settled

inside of me in even greater measure.



ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .


I will look inwardly for the peace that I long for.