Recovery Meditations ~ Opportunities ~ One Day at a Time ~ July 25, 2011

~ OPPORTUNITIES ~


:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.

Francis Bacon



:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~



There is a promise that more will be

revealed as we trudge the road of happy

destiny. We all start by building on the

basics, the foundation that must be in

place. In grade school I learned to read

and write; in high school, how to

research and train myself to acquire

information. In college, I gained

specific advanced information that

allowed me to build upon, and advance my

interests. When I applied the same

principles to the program, I got similar

results, but even more so. When my mind

was opened to spiritual principles, I

received much more than that I was

seeking. My thoughts were lifted to a

much higher plane of ethics.



In searching for an answer to compulsive

overeating, I was exposed to additional

opportunities to grow by doing. Often I

tried them. These exercises sent my

thoughts to other areas, which I again

explored. I am amazed at what I have

learned while looking for something

else.



We can all learn truth if we will open

our hearts and minds. We will then be

without excuse not to exercise every

opportunity to practice it.


ONE DAY AT A TIME ...

Am I taking advantage of every opportunity to grow? Some opportunities? Any opportunities?